Welcome to Archon, a database which contains descriptions of materials retained by the University Archives and Special Collections (UASC) Department at UT Tyler. This database includes finding aids which help researchers understand and have access to the historical context and content of archival collections.
Materials include non-current University Records and special collections relating to the history of Tyler, Smith County, and the surrounding region of East Texas.
- Search Tips
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Board of Regents")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g. 'Smith County' –Deaf finds Smith County but not Deaf Smith County.)
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.
- Contact Information
For questions about UASC materials, help using Archon, or general archives questions, please email the archives or call us at 903.565.5849.